Oooh-eee it sure is pretty.
And so considerate falling on a weekend.
I’ve not been well this week so a snow-filled weekend really meant some R&R for me so I can shake this flu-like thing I picked up in Paris.
An enforced weekend ‘in’ is absolute bliss in my eyes – no running around at 100mph, no ticking off my never-ending list of jobs that I can’t seem to get done in the week, no juggling friends/family/chores/life. I’m never happier than pottering around the house with no real need to do anything. And apart from a wee wander up to the village shop, I’ve been ‘in’ all weekend. And hopefully on the road to recovery – although am currently without a voice!
Here’s some of our highlights:
– Lazy lie in and snooze-fest in bed x 2
– 432 cups of tea consumed (I went slightly left-field and even opted for lemon and ginger at one point)
– Two Sunday papers read, front to back
– Conquering ironing mountain
– Starting a puzzle (crazy, I know!)
– Wearing matching pyjamas for 95% of the weekend
– Clearing the Sky planner of all our saved TV
– Finishing a little art work I started before Christmas (maybe more on this in another post)
– Making a craft project for my sister
– Planning out some of the finer details of the extension
– Cooking up some proper hearty snow meals
– Deciding on our 2nd date
– Reading, in the middle of the day. Just because!
– Realising that it’s ok to be house-bound sometimes
So, what did you think of the snow weekend? Did you hunker down or get out and make the most of it? Are you totally over it now and dreaming of summer?